Monday, November 12, 2012

Attitude Can Make the Difference

"A smile is the light in your window that tells people you're at home"  (Anonymous)

"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains"  (Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl)

"Two men looked out from prison bars - one saw mud, the other saw stars." (From a poet long ago)

"Our attitude does not come from circumstance or personal history.  Attitude does not come from outside ourselves.  It comes from within". ( John C. Maxwell, The Difference Maker)

Pastor, professor, and author Chuck Swindoll says,

"Attitude, to me is more important than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.  It will make or break a company... a church... a home.  The remarkable thing is we have a  choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day.  We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.... I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.  And so it is with you.... (W)e are in charge of our attitudes.

From the Book, The Difference Maker, by John C. Maxwell, he shares these comments:

"I cannot always choose what happens to me, buy I can always choose what happens in me.  Your attitude is your greatest asset or liability.  It lifts you up or brings you down.  A positive mental attitude will not let you do everything.  But it can help you do anything better than you would if your attitude were negative".

I believe in every situation that happens in our lives, there is a possibility of a positive or negative outcome.  We get to choose the outcome, or what our focus is.  I believe as we choose to focus on the positive of each situation, we experience more joy, gratitude, spiritual strength and good health.  Negativity is a strong force here on this earth, sometimes it is a fight to get out of the chains of negativity.

I will pray daily for strength to see things in a positive way.  If you care to join me, it will bring much more quality and joy to your life.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment