Saturday, October 20, 2012

I Love Halloween



These are photos from a super fun Halloween party that I hosted for my piano students.  I pulled out my fun dinner ware for Halloween, made franken mummies, witch hats out of cookies and kisses, and had my favorite: chocolate, caramel and queso fondue.  It was a real hit.  I love pulling out the Halloween decorations, and use my fondue warmers tons, they are so easy to set up and clean up. 

Halloween Piano Party

This is actually the Scentsy Warmer "He's Alive" with a Silicone Fondue dish from Velata.  I served Hot Caramel in this pot with sliced apples that were dipped in lemon water so they wouldn't brown.  This was everyone's favorite.  The Velata Fondue warmers have a temperature regulator so that what you are melting won't burn.  Scentsy warmers do not have this feature.  Using the Scentsy Frankenstein warmer was risky, but seemed to work fine with the silicone dish, and didn't seem to burn the caramel.












These cute guys, I found at All A Dollar, they were connected with string for a chain.  I think there were 6 on a chain for $1.  What a Halloween Bargain.  They are a great addition to my collectionl

These adorable cups are so fun from Walgreens.  They even have a jewel on one of  the fingers  Soooo, fun to drink out of.  We served apple juice or water.

These frankenmummies are hotdogs with pop and serve biscuits wrapped around them and miniature chocolate chips for the eyes.  I baked them on 350 for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.  I had a skeleton mug with salsa in that we poured onto their plates for dipping.  We called the salsa, Vampires blood.  The witches hat is a striped cookie turned upside down with a dab of orange frosting in the center and a hershey's kiss on top.  They turned out cute!



This was our table set up to serve 6.  The skeleton mugs on the ends of the table were also from Walgreens.  We served Chocolate, Caramel, and Queso Fondues.

Velata Fondue Warmer with Queso (hot nacho cheese), and Halloween colored chips.

Super Fun Party!



No comments:

Post a Comment