Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fun Surprises Found at Local Boutique


A couple of week ago.  I participated in a small boutique near my home.  This particular boutique did not have a lot of public traffic, so much of our time was spent getting to know the other vendors, purchasing gifts for Christmas and other upcoming events.

I am always amazed at the talents of many people.  I especially enjoyed the air dried peonies, daisies, and blue flower which I can't remember the name of.  A mother and daughter had a display of many amazing arrangements for fall, gift baskets, and these beautiful dried flowers.  Because I am a flower lover, and my entire life have loved arranging, growing and working with flowers, I had a deep appreciation for their work.  I was amazed at how inexpensive the arrangements were.  I was worried for them, wondering how they could even cover their costs.  I remember the day of making flower arrangements for boutiques, and the desperation to sell them, just to not have to store or carry them around.  Each moving, meant damage to the designs.  Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed looking and buying some of their wonderful work.



I was also amazed by some beautiful hand sewn book marks.  Created by a gal who computerizes the design, and her sewing machine creates the designs.  I was astounded to think a machine could do this.  How incredible!  She sells her product on Etsy as Lanette's Designs (Home of Freestanding Lace & Home Decor.  Her web address is http://www.etsy.com/shop/lanette35.  Her email is:  lanette35@gmail.com.






My next find was the sweetest gal with homeade jams.  She had many varieties, and then I discovered her amazing barbeque sauce that her boyfriend had encouraged her to bottle this year.  It truly is amazing.  It reminds me of Wingers amazing sauce, but has a fun little kick to it.  I didn't dare ask for the recipe, but told her I would send out her email address in case others were interested in partaking of such yumminess!  Her name is Leila Weeks.  Telephone # 208-530-0380.  Email:  lkweeks2@yahoo.com

1 comment: