Saturday, October 22, 2011

Myrts Christmas Candy

Myrt would prepare Christmas candy months before Christmas.  She would have many many cookie sheets full of turtles, almond joys, toffee, peanut brittle, peanut butter cups.  It was all incredible.  She would often give boxes of candy to us for Christmas.  This was a treasure hidden away in the cupboard for special times of enjoyment.  As a daughter-in-law married into the family, I regret not ever spending a day with her to learn and watch her candy making process.  I did gather recipes of some of our favorites.

I would love for family members to share their memories in the kitchen with Myrt.

1 comment:

  1. I still remember when she brought up our big tray and said, "This is the last year I'm doing it." I saved some in the freezer for months. That July after, she died.

    ReplyDelete