Sunday, October 2, 2011

My New Appreciation for Men

Yesterday,  I experienced something that I will never forget!  It was a trip to an Auto Junkyard.  This is the first time for me to ever have such an experience. 

We had recently purchased a Chevy Suburban that we are fixing a few things on it so we can have a party mobile to do fun things with family and friends.  I can't wait!

In thinking if I help my husband locate the parts for this vehicle, then maybe we can't get it in tip top shape before our first trip.  So, somehow I found myself in flip flops following my husband into an Auto Junkyard.

It was an overwhelming experience for  one who doesn't handle a lot of junk and broken things very well.  Actually the fact that it was all junk, didn't really bother me.  Right before my eyes were thousands of cars that had been in bad, bad accidents.  All I could do is think of the people in these cars, and what they experienced.  There were belongs left behind in some of the cars, even a little baby boys boot was on the ground next to one of the cars.

There were many men going about  finding their treasures (car parts for cheap) in these broken down cars.  I only saw 2 women inside the store, not out in the yard.  I think this is not a place for women, because women are sensitive and compassionate, and full of tender feelings.

I kept wondering if my husband had ever had the thoughts that I was thinking, or if to him, these cars were just objects to get parts off.

Soon, of course I needed to make a restroom break.  My husband sent me to find a restroom.  All I could see was a Men's restroom.  Of course, this place was not for women.  On the way out, I was directed to a restroom.  I walked to it and had to turn right around because it was plain scary, and not a good place for a woman.

All through this experience, I thought.  Wow, our men have to go through some pretty nasty stuff, to keep our vehicles running and to take care of us.  I never hear my husband or boys complain if they have to go to the junk yard to salvage a part in hopes of saving money on their vehicles.

I'm so glad that God made men with thicker skins to do some of the dirty, grimy nasty stuff.  My hat goes off to them.

And I am so happy to be a women, and happy that my role in my home is a bit more refined.  I pray I will not have nightmares now of  the scene that I experienced at the junk yard.  This is an experience that will be hard for me to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment