Monday, August 27, 2012

Running for Beginners

Just attended my first half marathon this past weekend.  No I wasn't the one running.  My sweet daughter, set a goal while doing cross - fit that she would run a half marathon.  What an accomplishment for a non runner.  It was so inspirational to see so many people out to mark this accomplishment off their list.  There was actually an 81 year old, and 72 year old woman that were in the top 3 of their over 70 category that ran.  My mind was blown away.  I have dreams of being a runner, but feel that my body has limitations an injuries that keep me from this goal.

Today, I came across this Beginning Running Guide, and I think I just might try it.  Wish me luck, as I move off this couch and move forward to a stronger more healthier me!

running for beginners
healthy-living.global-endeavor.com


1 comment:

  1. What a neat accomplishment~ I hope you meet your goals to becoming more healthy as well!

    ReplyDelete