Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Discover Who You Are -Fulfilling God Given Purpose


I am rounding the corner to 50.  It is hugely impacting my life.  Up to this point, I have worked my body to being tired and a little worn around the edges.  I have sacrificed incredibly for those that mean the world to me. I would not trade a minute of the past 49 years.  I have lived much, enjoyed much,  and weathered each days challenges and joys.

But now, I look to the future and wonder what it has in store for me.  I guess I am on my way to the next 50 years of my life, and I want to make sure I fit into it all the wonder, excitement and experiences that are meaningful to me.  I don't want to miss a thing.

So, I have been searching how to fulfill my life's dream.  To make sure that I not only accomplish my desires, but that I magnify my God given talents and fulfill God's plan for me.

This has been an exciting journey for me.  Impressive enough that I want to share my experience with others.

Because I am moving into a new phase in life, I have decided to change things up a bit.  Be daring, try new things.  Take time to enjoy those things that really cheer me up.  It is almost like opening a can that has been sitting on a shelf for the past 20 years, and discovering many sweet feelings of excitement and energy.

One thing that I have done is to create a Life List of all the wonderful things that I would like to experience before my life is over.  This is a ton of fun, and interesting to reflect on.  Some of the things on this list are things that I deeply and truly love.  Things that are deeply routed in my soul.

I have prayed intently to understand what God would have me do with my life.  The inspiration has not come easy.  I have had to search and search, pray and pray.  One day, the answer came.  It was like the light inside me wanted to explode.  I knew fore a surety the path that I should take.

The interesting thing is that after this discovery, I went back to my life list.  Choosing this path, would allow me to accomplish every single thing on my list.  Instantly, I became optimistic, energized, and excited to live each day to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment